Our mission is to promote whole person wellness for vulnerable individuals in Calhoun County through recovery-oriented support services, including a drop-in resource center and peer support services.
We provide a safe, mutually supportive environment to improve and cultivate a productive quality of life by fostering hope, community inclusion, and independence.
The SHARE Center was started in 1992 by a group of individuals who had real life experiences with hardship and were committed to helping each other improve their lives. They knew the essential elements were Self-Help, Awareness, Recovery and Enrichment –a powerful philosophy which works.
The SHARE Center is a non-profit organization that is open 12 hours a day, 365 days in a year and serves over 2,000 individuals throughout the greater Battle Creek area and Calhoun County each year.
- Advocacy: We seek to engage all stakeholders in passionate and responsible advocacy for the benefit of our consumers. We also empower our consumers to engage in successful self-advocacy to raise community awareness regarding the needs of vulnerable populations and ensure ongoing support and services that promote recovery and independence.
- Consumer Driven: We strive to achieve full consumer participation in all levels of organizational decision-making.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We seek to develop a recovery community that is fully inclusive and is welcoming to people of all beliefs, values, backgrounds, cultures, age, gender, and sexual orientation.
- Empowerment: We foster an environment that honors and respects the unique history, interests, wishes, needs, and choices of our consumers in order to allow them to exercise control and autonomy over their own lives. We seek ways to be innovative, creative, open-minded and collaborative at all levels of their recovery.
- Financial Responsibility: We are dedicated to continued stability, security, and accountability of our agency while maintaining transparency and integrity in all areas of our work.
- Integrity: We are committed to the highest levels of transparency and ethical and honest behavior. We foster an atmosphere that values the contributions of all consumers, employees, Board members, and community partners.
- Professional Development: We create an environment in which all staff and leadership accept responsibility to develop and perform at the highest standards. We continuously strive to maximize our professional competencies and meet our staff’s personal and professional development goals.
- Quality: We strive for excellence in all areas of our work, seeking to promote comprehensive services, organizational security, autonomy and stability in an environment that is inclusive and supportive.
Who We Serve
- Individuals seeking recovery from mental health and substance abuse issues
- Individuals who are facing homelessness
- Individuals who are facing unemployment
- Individuals and families who need something to eat
- Individuals who are facing various challenges in their personal life which can include spouse, life partner, family or friends who need support related to referral placement guidance and/or mentoring in coping skills